Every one out of five women experience excessive and heavy bleeding. It is a common problem that many women live with for years. The staff at In Vogue Total Women’s Healthcare understands this problem and the symptoms that accompany it, typically including one or more of the following:
• Tiredness or paleness (anemia)
• Increased pain from menstruation
• A need to use double methods of feminine hygiene products to avoid having bleeding accidents
• Having to change during the night or use protective barriers on the bed
• Damaged clothing, bedding or carpeting from blood stains
• Avoidance of light-colored clothing during periods
• Increased duration of menstrual bleeding (more than 7 days)
Fortunately, In Vogue Total Women’s Healthcare offers solutions to relieve heavy bleeding and a women’s quality of life. Solutions for reducing or eliminating heavy periods vary based on a few factors (a woman’s age, her desire for future childbearing, personal health factors, etc.).
If a woman has completed childbearing or does not desire to ever have a baby, treatment options include uterine artery embolization, endometrial ablation, and hysterectomy. In a woman who wishes to possibly become pregnant in the future, treatment options can include oral contraceptive pills, progestin-releasing intra-uterine device, and hysteroscopy.
All the safe treatment options we offer at In Vogue make it so that women no longer have to tolerate chronic excessive menstrual bleeding.